Sports sites have a large audience of sports fans and followers of their news at the local and international levels, So, the idea of creating a sports website Design on the Internet is a really promising idea, but you always need to take care of both the content and the design.
Designing a successful and effective sports website requires a lot of experience and time. But the good news is that there are many tricks and tips that amateurs can follow to get a great design for their sports website, which we will cover in the following lines.
Some things to consider before designing a sports website:
- Most of the sports websites have two-thirds of their visitors from men, and most of the time is between 25 and 35 years old.
- There are other websites like NASCAR and PGA that attract more women than men.
- In terms of trends, they attract both men and women, but they are also ever-changing, so the target audience here should be on an equal footing.
- The design of a sports website should include great attention to the effects of social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook, as statistics have proven that a lot of interactions and discussions of sports fans occur on these platforms.
- It is very important for sports websites to be browsable on mobile, as surfing the Internet on the go is becoming increasingly popular.
Follow design trends frequently used in sports website design
Although sports websites are very different, they are united by the quality of the informational structure, which means the simplicity of the interface, and the smooth navigation between pages.
- Caricatures may be attractive and effective on some other types of websites, but they are not very popular on sports websites. Mainly relying on high-quality still images, videos will be more attractive and captivating to the eye than other images.
- The general trend in sports website design is not to push the visitor to take a specific direction, but rather to find an intuitive way for the visitor to reach it.
- A sports website design should include a focus on white space and large fonts, as this plays a major role in highlighting important information, making it easier for the visitor to navigate easily.
- Alignment of design with branding is a must, it is vital to accentuate the identity of your company (or team).
- The mobile-friendly site should not be overlooked. Websites that support mobile devices automatically lose about 55% of their visitors.
- Adopt the rule of “less is more”. This makes it easier for visitors to navigate, and find what they want easily and quickly.
The starting way to success is a professional Website design company.
Tips and ideas for launching a sports website
- It may be useful to make your sports site the nucleus of a community that includes sports fans from all over. So that they have the opportunity to share their passion and ideas, discuss players’ transfer news, pay attention to the results of confrontations with teams in different competitions and present analysis and statistics.
- Success in creating such a community can be an effective way to increase traffic and translate that into advertising income.
- Relying on free hosting providers can be frustrating when it comes to streaming matches, as they usually offer limited storage offerings that are not appropriate for loading a lot of media.
- Also, you have to be very creative in choosing the name of the site, which will express your content and personality. In addition to focusing on choosing the appropriate range. If the sports website aims to sell and promote products, the .com domain is preferred, and if the site is associated with a specific club, organization, or entity, the .org domain is preferred.
- There are many hosting providers offering sports website templates that you can choose from to suit your needs. Links or download various media.
- What you should care about most is the content. Which is also what it is recommended to start with. It may be a good idea to write biographies of famous players, or you can gather information about upcoming global competitions.
- To make the sports site more credible, you need to link your site to other relevant sites, such as including content from YouTube.
- You can add a widget application to your site so that you get real-time news without your intervention, such as the results of matches and major sporting events. This application will be a great incentive for visitors to come back to your site frequently.
- Check the site regularly, fix any errors, and leave more space to make any necessary changes.
- Try to hire the best Website design company in Egypt.
- Make sure your site is compatible with popular browsers like IE, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
- Make sure the colors match the fonts you use to write your content, especially the titles.
- It may be a good idea to hire a professional editor, to ensure that the text content is free of any spelling or grammatical errors.
Keep it simple in design and content selection
- Widget applications provide a huge amount of information, but charging your health with a lot of information may not be a good thing, but may even lead to counterproductive results, as the visitor is lost in the amount of existing information.
- You have to choose smartly the information you provide, be specific, and design your pages in a way that serves the content.
- The simplicity of the design is what you have to keep the most. Avoid falling into adding what you love, prefer, or consider beautiful, and always be satisfied with what is necessary and appropriate without exaggeration. This also applies to images, text, and tools, the removal of which will not make much of an impact.
- Designing sports websites is usually left to professionals, but amateurs also have opportunities for success. Many popular sports websites are designed by amateurs, and the golden rule is to know what the audience wants to see.
- In any case, you should give yourself enough time to think and develop, put your touches, and allow your passion to work.
- Specify the purpose of creating the sports site, the site can be product-oriented, or rely on the collection and presentation of information to the visitor.