Many ask how to design ux for website, where computer science has developed at an accelerated pace in recent years. As a result of the qualitative leaps achieved by the manufacture of computers and mobile devices of all kinds, this coincided with the development of software and equipment related to all design fields.
And like any existing science in itself, it has developed a lot and has many ramifications, so different specializations have emerged within the sciences of graphic design.
And the most prominent and important of these specializations are UI design (an abbreviation for the term User Interface Design) and user experience design UX (an acronym for the term User Experience Design).
What is ux
Before getting acquainted with how to design ux for website, we would like to start with the definition of the UX, as it is the process that designers use to design products that provide relevant and useful experiences for users.
UX design also plays a very important marketing aspect, as it is concerned with studying the market and competitors and conducting a comprehensive evaluation of products so that the designer can understand the user’s needs.
UX in this case refers to any user interaction with a product or service, and UX design takes into account each of the elements that make up that experience, how it makes the user feel, and how easy it is for the user to accomplish the tasks they want.
how to design ux for website
Here are some steps that you can take if you are looking for how to design ux for website, and it is worth noting that these steps are what we follow in tech village:
1- Understanding the user.
2- Studying competitors.
3- Preparing a prototype.
Factors that Influence UX
There are seven factors that describe the user experience according to Peter Morville, and these factors you can rely on in how to design ux for website:
Note: Product success depends on more than just usefulness and usability, and products that are usable, useful, findable, accessible, reliable, valuable, and desirable are the most likely to succeed in the marketplace.
7 UX Principles for Creating a Great Website
Here are the seven basic principles of designing a good UX and it is worth noting that these principles should be taken into account, especially if designer is looking to learn how to design ux for website:
1-Focus on the user
This step includes conducting a deep analysis in order to understand the needs of the user, so that the designer can implement what meets his needs.
2-Consistency in designing a good user experience
Consistency means that designs and functionality remain the same across all pages and products.
This principle should be implemented through three techniques:
- The first: is thinking about the mentality of the user, which means searching for what is going on in the client’s private mind, what interests him and what attracts him.
This means integrating website design with apps and an e-commerce store, and the best web hosting providers will provide systems that allow for this type of integration.
- Secondly, good ideas must be creative as innovation is important to web design and this should not hinder usability.
- Third, consider adopting a “design language” as a way to keep designs consistent.
A hierarchical approach to design means thinking about all the functionality and information that your website will contain, And then mapping it into a structure, It’s like a tree in which every aspect of a website flows.
4-Context is key
Context is a very important part of how to design ux for website, and context means paying attention to the devices that will be used to access them to the web page
5-Put the user under control
Putting the user in control is a key part of the process of designing a good user experience.
Accessibility means making designs easy to use for everyone, and putting accessibility is important.
This is the last step in the process of designing a user interface that suits the customer’s needs.
How do I test a website for good UX?
The first thing you need to know in how to design ux for website, is that UX design is a complex process that involves different tools and techniques for designing and developing digital products.
Here are some additional tools and techniques that user UX designers may use:
- Card Sorting: A technique used to understand the organization and categorization of content and to determine which categories are most accessible and meaningful to users.
- Affinity mapping: A technique used to organize and make sense of qualitative data, such as user search results and feedback.
- Remote usability testing: A technique used to perform remote usability testing, allowing the designer to test the product with users in different locations.
- Interactive prototyping: A technique used to create interactive prototypes that simulate the behavior and function of the final product.
- Design Thinking: An approach to problem-solving that emphasizes empathy, experimentation, and iteration in the design process.
- User Flow Diagrams: A technique used to chart a user’s steps to complete a task on a website or application and to identify potential usability issues.
- Usability inference: A set of guidelines and best practices used to evaluate a product’s usability.
- User Feedback Platforms: A tool that allows users to provide feedback on a product and evaluate usability, design, and overall experience.
Note: These tools and technologies assist designers in how to design ux for website and researching, designing, prototyping, testing, and evaluating digital products, allowing them to create user-friendly, accessible, and engaging experiences for users.
UX design is one of the important marketing aspects that serve the digital aspect of product marketing.
By understanding the importance of how to design ux for website, companies and organizations can benefit from improving user satisfaction, increasing conversions.
And loyalty, cost-effective development and competitive advantage, so we have mentioned in our article all the necessary steps to know how to design ux for website.
What is the most popular UX tool?
Adobe XD is a comprehensive vector-based user interface design tool packed with features for collaborative design and prototyping.
What is good UX for a website?
User experience (UX) design is a critical aspect of creating digital products that are functional and fun to use. Moreover, UX design aims to create products that provide meaningful and relevant experiences for users.